Last Revised: May 14th, 2021
Types of Information We Collect
Personal information means information that allows someone to identify or contact you. Non-personal information means information that does not directly identify you. We collect both types of information about you.
Personal Data You Provide to Us Directly
We collect personal data directly from you in a variety of ways, including when you:
- Register for an account, create a profile, or fill out forms on our services;
- Request additional information about our products or services or sign up to receive our email newsletters or marketing messages;
- Interact with us on social media, such as by tagging us and/or our products or permitting us to follow your social media profile;
- Purchase any product from us;
- Request information or assistance from us, including correspondence with our customer service team;
- Participate in or respond to surveys or requests for opinions, feedback, and preferences;
- Use other features of our website that may be offered from time to time, which may require information in order to utilize the features; and
- Sign up for and participate in events, contests, sweepstakes, promotions and special programs that we provide.
The types of personal data we collect directly from you may include: your name, username, password, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card and debit card numbers (with expiration dates), postal address, demographic information, personal preferences, clothing size, and any other personal data that you choose to include in your profile or in other communications with us.
Personal Data We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect personal data when you access and use our services or shop our site. The types of information we collect may include:
- Network and device information, such as your browser type, IP address, operating system version, and language settings;
- Information about your activity on our site such as your access times, pages viewed, the routes by which you access our site, and your use of any hyperlinks available within our site;
- Information about your purchases or transactions with us including records of products you have purchased, returned, or are considering purchasing from us;
- Information collected via cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, including Internet service provider (ISP), Mobile Advertising ID, media access control (MAC) address, or identifiers associated with browser cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies we deploy on our site; and
- Location information in accordance with your device permissions.
Personal Data We Collect from Other Sources
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources. We may collect personal data about you from other sources, for example, we may collect personal data about you from:
- Third-party social media and communication services, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google and Instagram, that you use to interact with our services or that allow you to share information (e.g. via plugins, widgets or other tools), but always in accordance with the authorization procedures and privacy settings you establish with such services; and
- Unaffiliated parties, such as service providers that we use, analytics companies, advertising networks, consumer data resellers, and other third parties that provide us with information so we can better understand you and provide you with information and offers that may be of interest to you.
Use and Processing of Your Personal Information
In addition to the uses described above, we use your personal information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our website.
- To provide the products you request, or to process returns.
- To improve our services and product offerings.
- To streamline your checkout process.
- To conduct analytics (e.g. to enhance user experience on our website).
- To respond to your inquiries related to support and other requests.
- To send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to products, services, sales, or promotions.
- To develop, provide and improve our products, events, and services.
- To conduct internal research and development.
- To analyze your engagement with our brand and your use of our services to better understand your interests and behaviors and customize your experience.
- To debug, identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our services.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationship with you.
- To detect security incidents, and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including attempts to manipulate or violate our policies, procedures, and terms and conditions.
- To comply with legal obligations, to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, and to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible misconduct.
Sharing of Personal Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose personal information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may share your personal information with our corporate affiliates and subsidiaries for the purposes described in the Use of Personal Data section above.
- Other Disclosures. We may disclose personal information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your person information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of a person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Public. Our website may provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publicly available.
- Service Providers. We share your personal information with service providers. Among other things, service providers may help us to administer our website, support our loyalty programs, conduct surveys, provide technical support, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
- Professional Advisors. We share personal data with our legal, financial, insurance, and other advisors in connection with the kinds of corporate transactions described above or in connection with the management of all or part of our business or operations.
- Law Enforcement Authorities and Individuals Involved in Legal Proceedings. We disclose personal data when we believe doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law or legal process (including an enforceable request from authorities), to respond to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of our company, employees, customers, or the public.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us and our affiliates to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, including targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in emails that you receive. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request within the timeframe permitted by law, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you transactional communications, such as those about your account, to fulfill orders you have made, to ask you to rate the product you purchased, or other service-related communications.
- Changes to Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Our website allows you to modify your account profile. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access to your personal information, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Our website permits you to create an account. When you do, you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
How Long We Retain Information
Third Party Applications/Websites
We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own. In General, the third-party providers we use will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform he services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers. In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. As a result, if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located. As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI_DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort by brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements. Our store uses various third-party providers to help us learn about store visits and the pages being viewed.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit [www.countrygreenery.com/pages/ccpa-privacy-notice].
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Information for Non-US Residents
- Transmission of Information to Other Countries. If you are a customer located outside the United States, please be aware that your personal information may be processed in the United States, where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By submitting your personal information to us, you agree to the transfer, storage, and processing of your information in the United States and pursuant to United States privacy laws.
- Rights with Respect to Personal Information. If you are a resident of the European Union, you may have additional rights under applicable data protection laws with respect to your personal information, including:
- Request Access. If required by law, upon request, we will grant reasonable access to the personal information that we hold about you, including in some cases the right to data portability. You can exercise these rights by completing and submitting such request to [email@example.com].
- Request Deletion. In certain circumstances, you may request that we delete your personal information. If required by law, we will delete your personal information after such a request is made. We may also decide to delete your data if we believe that the data is incomplete, inaccurate, or that our continued use and storage are contrary to our obligations to other individuals or third parties. When we delete personal information it will be removed from our active database, but it may remain in the archives where it is not practical or possible to delete it. You should note that there are some situations in which we may decline to delete your personal information. For example, we may keep your personal information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, where permitted by law, to resolve disputes, and/or to enforce any of our agreements. You can exercise these rights by completing and submitting such request to [firstname.lastname@example.org].
- Request Modification. You may request to rectify or update your inaccurate or out-of-date personal information by contacting us at [email@example.com].
- Object to Processing. In certain circumstances, you may object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. You may exercise this right by contacting us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
- Revoke Consent. We rely on the processing of personal information that you have provided. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. You may exercise this right by contacting us at [email@example.com].
If you are a customer located outside the United States, and you are not satisfied with our response, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection regulatory authority.